Hvar is a beautiful island located in the Adriatic Sea, in Croatia. It’s a popular tourist destination, with stunning beaches, ancient architecture, and vibrant nightlife. If you’re planning to explore the island, renting a car can be a convenient way to get around. However, before you rent a car, there are some important terms and conditions that you need to be aware of.
- Age Requirements: To rent a car in Hvar, you must be at least 18 years old. However, some car rental companies may require you to be at least 21 years old to rent certain types of cars.
- Driver’s License: You must have a valid driver’s license from your home country to rent a car in Hvar. If your license is not in English, you may need to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP) before you arrive in Croatia.
- Insurance: When you rent a car in Hvar, the rental price typically includes basic insurance coverage. However, this coverage may not be sufficient in the event of an accident or damage to the car. You may want to consider purchasing additional insurance coverage to protect yourself and the rental car.
- Payment: When you rent a car in Hvar, you will need to provide a valid credit card to make the reservation. The rental company will place a hold on your credit card for the rental amount plus a security deposit. The security deposit is typically refunded when you return the car in good condition.
- Fuel Policy: When you rent a car in Hvar, you will be required to return the car with the same amount of fuel that was in the tank when you picked it up. Some rental companies may offer a “full-to-full” fuel policy, where you are given a full tank of gas and you must return the car with a full tank.
- Rental Period: When you rent a car in Hvar, you will be required to specify the rental period. The rental period typically starts and ends at the same time each day. If you return the car late, you may be charged an additional fee.
- Additional Drivers: If you plan to share the driving duties with another person, you may need to pay an additional fee to add them as a driver to the rental agreement.
- Restrictions: When you rent a car in Hvar, there may be certain restrictions on where you can drive the rental car. For example, you may not be allowed to take the car off-road or drive it to another country.
- Cleanliness: When you rent a car in Hvar, it is expected that you will return the vehicle in the same clean condition in which you received it. Rental companies may charge an additional fee for cars that are returned excessively dirty, such as with sand, mud, or food debris. Additionally, smoking is not permitted in rental cars, and you may be charged a cleaning fee if evidence of smoking is found in the car upon return. To avoid these additional fees, it’s important to keep the car clean throughout your rental period and to dispose of any trash appropriately.
In conclusion, renting a car in Hvar can be a great way to explore the island at your own pace. However, it’s important to understand the terms and conditions of the rental agreement before you sign on the dotted line. By being aware of these important factors, you can ensure a hassle-free car rental experience in Hvar.
Get ready for an unforgettable experience and book your flights to Hvar today!